Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Griottes - Early in the Season Yet

These are griottes, a sour cherry used a lot in preserves, sauces, and chutneys for sucré-salé dishes, dishes that incorporate staid savory flavors and textures with sweet accompaniments. When combined together with just the proper level of restraint, the complimentary qualities can really heighten the enjoyment of a dish.

There are many classic combinations to choose from should you decide to try a
sucré-salé dish at home.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jann said...

I would love to taste these little delicacies in a chutney~

12:53 AM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

Oh wow! real sour cherries...not from a can! I wish I could just take a handful....and make my cherry rice.

3:54 AM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

We have a sour cherry tree. Even the birds don't touch them but I have never been able to find a recipe - now that I know they are 'griottes' it will be easier...
Thank you, thank you!

10:42 AM, June 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home